Always spell out yen. Spell out dollars for whole sums of money or sums of change, but not when there is both. Do not insert a space between the currency symbol and the value.
- Correct: five thousand yen, 50 dollars, 50 cents, $50.50
- Incorrect: ¥5,000, $50, 50¢, 50 dollars and 50 cents, $ 50.50
Do not capitalize currency.
- Correct: one yen, one dollar
- Incorrect: one Yen, one Dollar
Pluralize dollar to dollars. Do not pluralize yen to yens.
- Correct: 50 dollars, 50 yen
- Incorrect: 50 dollar, 50 yens
All of the rules above apply for all currencies. If you are unsure over the correct plural of any specific currency, consult Google.